Our client, an international bank located in New York City is looking for a motivated BSA/OFAC Analyst.
The BSA/OFAC Analyst ensures that proper CIP/CDD/KYC process are observed by all branches and business units at account inception and conducts reviews for AML transaction monitoring purposes. The BSA/OFAC Analyst also assists in executing compliance functions of the Bank's OFAC Program, CTR reporting, CTR exception tracking process and the Bank's BSA/AML & OFAC systems.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review personal and business customers KYC and CIP documentation for accuracy completeness, and compliance with policies and procedures
- Provide guidance to retails with respect to CIP policies and procedures
- Identify suspicious activities, money laundering, or terrorist financing by performing new customer due diligence
- Perform research and investigation for new personal and business customer
- Review currency transaction reports (CTR) to ensure all the information, including the dollar amount are correctly entered
- Obtain, search, document, and log FinCEN 314(a) information request
- Review OFAC dispositions made by business units to ensure all possible matches are correctly disposed
- Assist in administrative tasks associated with OFAC and suspicious activity reporting including maintaining an OFAC update log and updating internal black list
- Make determinations to escalate matters for further investigation
- Attend required BSA/AML/OFAC related training
- Work on any other tasks assigned by BSA / OFAC Manager.
- Core AML skills to financial products and processes.
- Communicate issues to EDD Manager in an effective manner.
- Identify suspicious or unusual activity and escalate matters for heightened review.
- Review the work of EDD /OFAC analysts;
- Provide guidance and support to EDD analysts in the performance of their functions.
More information -