Our client is looking for a CCO - Head of Compliance to lead the US compliance program for their branch office in New York. This person will be managing the day-to-day activities of regulatory compliance along with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations. This person will also be the person to interact with all regulators.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor changes and new regulatory requirements affecting the Bank and communicating those requirements to the Chief Compliance Officer of Head Office through Compliance & Legal Department, Management, and the staff.
- Update the compliance program on a timely basis when applicable federal, state and home country laws regulations impact the Bank's operations.
- Carry out compliance monitoring in accordance with the established compliance manual.
- Respond to audit findings related to compliance matters, as requested.
- Ensure timely reporting to senior management and the Chief Compliance Officer of Head Office of significant risk issues, and serious lapses or breaches of laws and regulations applicable to the Bank.
- Perform at least annually an assessment of the Bank's compliance related risks.
- Assure that compliance and regulatory training is given as mandated by law such as Bank Secrecy Act and U.S. Patriot Act
- Semi-annual Compliance Report to the Chief Compliance Officer of the Head Office.
Experience working at the FRB or DFS is strongly preferred.
A highly competitive package is on offer and will be commensurate with industry experience.
For more information, and a discussion in confidence, please email or call Eric Alvarado.