Our client, an international bank, is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer & Head of Training to head the Compliance Operations team to oversee the day to day aspects of the OFAC, BSA/AML operations, including coordinating deadlines and managing the day-to-day workload of the unit and assigning job duties within the area, to ensure timely completion of assignments and duties.
The role of the Compliance Officer will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist with writing and maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure that the Bank is compliant to all rules and regulations
- Develop, administer and maintain quality assurance policies and procedures for application to various OFAC, BSA/AML functions
- Create solid metrics to measure and report Program effectiveness
- Manage the tuning and calibration efforts of the AML transaction monitoring software in conjunction with the BSA/AML Officer and/or BSA/AML Deputy
- Assist the BSA/AML Officer and/or Deputy in providing proactive strategic and tactical leadership for OFAC, BSA/AML initiatives
- Lead and develop a team of specialists to develop and implement business processes and manage performance across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- At least five (5) years of relevant business experience in risk management, financial crimes, or compliance
- Depth and breadth of knowledge in: banking products, services, systems and work flows, transaction processing and record keeping; applicable regulations, especially the Bank Secrecy Act as amended by the USA PATRIOT Act; and financial crime typologies including terrorist financing
- Experience managing large teams, and training incoming compliance specialists
- Project management skills with strong organizational ability
If interested please respond to this advert, email at jack.mcmanus@twentyrecruitment, or give me call 646-766-1202.