A highly-regarded, cutting-edge firm are looking for someone to lead their newly created Data Governance team. The purpose of this team is to implement an Enterprise Data Governance strategy and program, involving the design, creation and roll-out of the EDG framework. This will include all policies, procedures, standards and corresponding operations.
As an summary, the role will involve:
- Overall management of the EDG implementation roadmap as well as assisting with the roll out of the EDG framework
- Ensuring accountability and stewardship for the businesses primary data and information-related assets
- Form strong and open lines of communication between business units and the technology function to facilitate the execution of a clearly defined and fit-for-purpose data strategy
Someone who is ideally suited to this role would demonstrate the following traits:
- Experience rolling out the data strategy for a large firm (eg. Publicly listed)
- At least 7 years' experience in data governance, data operations, data quality, data stewardship, or a similar field
- Strong communicator - proven to facilitate change as well as challenge, lead and guide senior (C-suite/MD level) stakeholders
- A true industry expert with a working knowledge of 'best practices', market standards
- Working knowledge of the relationship between relational databases, data-modeling tools and concepts, data warehousing
This position will predominantly be based in their office in the greater Charlotte area, but the role will likely involve travel to their other domestic and global (EMEA/APAC) locations.
The successful candidate for this role will get the opportunity to spearhead the data strategy for a challenging and dynamic firm.
For more info, please reach out to Robynne McPadden at Twenty Recruitment.