A mid-sized Education Technology company located in Union Square, Manhattan is looking to grow out a new Data Science and Machine Learning team. As the Engineering Manager of this group, you will spearhead data-centric engineering projects and collaborate with other Product leaders and Engineering leaders. You will also lead and grow a team of data engineers, so managerial experience is a necessity in order for you to be successful in this role.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in Java, Scala, Python, or related language
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or related field required; MS or PhD is a "good to have"
- Demonstrated interest in machine learning and data science
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with building and managing data technologies (ie Data pipelines, distributed computing platforms, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization systems)
- Build distributed systems that handle large amounts of data; drive various engineering projects to glean actionable insights from various data sources
- Grow and mentor team of direct reports
- Communicate clearly; explain complex technical concepts
- Operate in a lean engineering and project management environment
- Move quickly with time sensitive projects
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary + bonus + options
- Opportunity to work with ambitiously creative team members in a humble and mission-driven environment
- Full health, dental, and vision benefit coverage
- Generous vacation days
For more information, please contact Michellie McDonald-O'Brien at +1 646 766 1203 or via email for a confidential conversation.