World-leading investment bank is looking for a Head of Financial Reporting (VP) to join their growing Finance team in NYC. This position would see you supervising a small team over the preparation of statutory reports and consolidation reports to the head office. You will interface constantly with teams across Finance including, but not limited to, the regulatory reporting group, product control, and IT groups to ensure all reports are properly managed and concerns are addressed. You will also be tasked with ensuring compliance through ongoing SOX Documentation in order to identify opportunities to improve key processes and controls.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Run quarterly closing process as the key stakeholder;
- Ensure all monthly/quarterly closing processes are suitably coordinated between all relevant stakeholders;
- Be major point of contact for internal and external auditors and assist with quarterly audits and reviews;
- Manage the reporting processes of all legal entities;
- Direct the creation and preparation of all financial statements in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably accounting or related field;
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Banking or Financial Services;
- Must have previously been a supervisor/manager of a team;
- In-depth expert knowledge of IFRS and GAAP financial statement reporting;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across verticals between front/middle/back office teams and functions.
With you leading a relatively small team, this role is an opportunity to provide a serious impact to a renowned global banking institution. Additionally, this role is two steps away from the North American CFO and will provide consistent senior-level exposure.
If you're interested in learning more, please reach out to James Dappert from Twenty Recruitment.