Our client, a boutique advisory firm, is looking for a fund accountant to join their growing team. You will be on site at major hedge funds, private equity firms, and asset management firms working on ad hoc projects for the client. You will work on reconciling trades for clients, preparing monthly reconciliations, and review monthly NAV packages while providing updates to the accounting system as necessary.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing monthly performance estimates for clients;
- Work with brokers and clients on trade break resolutions;
- Build, maintain, and improve upon fund accrual schedules;
- Supporting conversion of new clients: including training new clients on processes and technology;
- Other ad hoc projects.
- BA/BS in accounting or related field;
- 1-3 years' experience within Financial Services;
- General understanding with financial instruments across both global and domestic securities markets;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Advanced excel and portfolio accounting system knowledge are necessary;
- Fund accounting experience within hedge funds or for hedge funds preferred.
To apply to this position, reach out to James Dappert at 646-766-1242 or respond to this posting.