Junior IT Engineer - Financial Services - NJ or Orangeburg
Technical Skills: Data Center, hardware, critical systems, linux, unix, layer 2, layer 3, Splunk, Cisco IOS, JunOS, Network, Grafana.
Our client, a global financial data firm HQ'd in New York, is seeking to hire an IT graduate who can become a technical specialist to help manage one of their data centers. The successful candidate will be handling the equipment, cabling, and overall quality of the data center service. You must be able to detect and fix any operating system issues affecting production and work with hardware in maintenance and repairs of servers, data cabling, and network components.
This candidate will:
- Working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 network concepts - Configuration and toubleshoot
- Experience working with and replacing server and network hardware
- Ability to work in 2 or 3 locations on request
- 0-3 years experience
- The role will be shift work on a rotation basis
- Redhat experience
- Scripting is a bonus
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the US for any employer will be considered.
For more information regarding this role, please contact Todd Martin at (646) 766-1215 or email