An international investment bank located in Midtown is looking for a VP - Operational Risk and Controls to join their team and assist in developing their operational risk framework. This role sits between the 1st and 2nd lines of defense working directly with the trading floor and liaising with 2nd line to provide oversight of all Operational risks across the business lines. This includes identifying, assessing, monitoring, reporting, and controlling operational risks.
- Identifying, assessing, managing ,and reporting operational risk issues and events.
- Preparing reports and presentations for various business entitites and senior leadership.
- Designing risk metrics for business line and enterprise reporting.
- Control effectiveness testing.
- Act as point of contact for all for all risk and control items across the front office, control functions, 2nd line, audit and regulators.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, products, and processes
- 5+ years experience in Ops risk and controls or Audit role with a financial institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
This role allows you to wear different hats and gain exposure working on risk and controls across various lines of business. This is an excellent opportunity to grow, and benefits provided by the firm are also very strong.
If interested, please send your resume to Steven Swift