AVP - Paralegal - Investment Banking - New York
Our client is looking for an experienced Paralegal that will:
- Supports the General Counsel and the associate counsels in all aspects relating to the conduct of the Legal Department.
- Maintains the books and records of subsidiary companies and prepares annual reports and filings.
- Reviews credit approvals and prepare basic loan documentation using Bank forms in accordance with Bank guidelines for in-house counsel's review and sign-off.
- Ensure all such documentation meets approved standards in relation to loan and collateral documentation. Supports Compliance efforts relating to the Legal Department's role in that process. Prepare litigation reports and compilations for Head Office and regulatory examinations.
- Handles, researches, compiles and negotiates legal process matters including litigation, levies, estate notices and subpoenas received by the Bank.
- Supports the preparation and monitoring of the Department's annual operating budget.
- Familiarity with relevant state, federal and other governmental agency laws and regulations for financial institutions.
- Must have knowledge of legal research tools and techniques and online search experience.
- Must have knowledge of computer application to meet job requirements
- Familiarity with BSA/AML/OFAC laws, regulations and requirements, as well as a strong general knowledge of bank operations.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION:
- Experience Needed: Five to Seven years' experience in financial services, litigation services and/or the audit industry.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree required.
More information -