Our client is a leading social media startup that enables like-minded individuals to connect on a common platform. While using bleeding edge technologies, this company is incorporating machine learning and artificial intelligence initiatives to optimize their backend systems. Located in Flatiron, this high-growth company is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join their team to help lead their backend API development.
- 4+ years of experience working in engineering; ideally 2+ years of experience with Scala (Java experience also considered)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs is a plus
- Experience working with service oriented architecture and container-based deployments
- Work with a small, agile team and mentor other developers as needed
- Have full autonomy over your workday; ability to work hard and work independently while having a flexible mindset
- Communicate and collaborate with others
- Competitive compensation structure
- All-inclusive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Excellent work/life balance and paid time off
- Opportunity to work with a team of brilliant engineers on a small team, and grow into a managerial position
For more information, please contact Michellie McDonald-O'Brien at +1 646 766 1203 or via email for a confidential consultation.