Our client, an international bank, is looking for an Senior Compliance Officer to manage members of the compliance staff as well as oversee and verify that all staff are adequately trained in their respective assignments, particularly for BSA, and other regulatory issues and maintaining proper records of training. In addition, the BSA Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing the independent testing and review of the branch's BSA program.
The position of the Senior Compliance Offer will include, but is not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining strong and robust AML/BSA/OFAC policies and procedures for the branch to ensure proper rules and regulations are followed
- Developing and fostering appropriate governance and controls.
- Providing direction, management and policy framework for the BSA compliance program consistent with prevention (CIP/CDD/EDD), detection (transaction monitoring) and reporting (FinCEN, OFAC and regulatory) industry standards and OFAC sanctions monitoring programs of the branch.
- Creating an environment that fosters teamwork and exceptional service and provide leadership to the compliance team and to US Country leadership team.
- Developing a testing program to assess business line efforts to strictly adhere to the branch's policies and business procedures.
- Revising and updating the branch's BSA Compliance policy in line with any changes in US regulations or changes in Habib's products or service delivery channels.
- Developing and managing the branch's AML/BSA/OFAC technology and systems.
- Developing effective MIS for all aspects of the branch's BSA program
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with at least 10-15 years of work experience in the money laundering prevention, detection, and reporting compliance field, preferably with a commercial/correspondent bank background
- Experience in all aspects of AML/BSA/OFAC compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of banking and regulatory requirements.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both written and verbal; ability to facilitate discussions around complex issues and bring them to resolution.
- Should possess sufficient knowledge of AML systems and technology.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
If interested please respond to this advert, email at or give me call 646-766-1202.