An impressive multinational hedge funds and financial services company is looking for an exceptionally talented developer to build impactful software applications for trading compliance, compliance, regulatory demands. A candidate who is passionate about their work and willing to learn state of the art software that we produce. The successful candidate will have daily interactions with trading technology teams, traders, and compliance officers.
The Regulatory Reporting function is responsible for developing technology to synthesize our trading activity for various regulatory and surveillance regimes. This is a big data problem were the team works with terabytes of trading data and petabytes of market data.
- Design, develop, and deploy applications to facilitate high-volume business critical decisions.
- Design and develop software following best practices to allow for reusability, maintainability, and scalability
- Produce clean, testable code with associated unit tests.
- Communication and collaboration with team members and compliance as well as trading desks.
- Responsible for all phases of the technology life cycle
- 5+ years of hands on development experience with Python and C++ in a server side environment
- Strong understanding of database systems such as MS SQL Server or another enterprise DBMS.
- Expertise in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Hands on development using messaging paradigms (Tib, Kafka)
- Having worked on a Big Data and Time series database platform (KDB+, Snowflake) a plus
- Good understanding of Equity and Commodity products with associated compliance requirements (e.g. short order marking, position limits, etc.)
- Strong academic background – undergrad / grad in Computer Science or a closely related field from a top tier university. Good GPA is essential