My client, a global broker/dealer based in Jersey City is in the market for a senior financial reporting associate to focus on their internal controls function for the team. You will handle the control management and implementation for the day-to-day accounting, financial reporting, and regulatory tasks, as well as help out during the month-end close process.
You will also be tasked with assisting other staff members with the daily, monthly/ and quarterly reporting. In addition, you will be a stakeholder involved with the internal and external audits and all BHC-related reporting.
- Assist with the weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting
- When required, post journal entries and aid with the GL month-end close
- Assist with BHC related tasks, such as implementing the internal controls for the financial reporting group (ICFR) and End User Computing control implementation
- Assist with various ad-hoc special projects, which will include various validating various reports and assisting with the internal & external audits
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA highly desired
- 3-7 years' experience accounting experience within the financial services industry
- Experience with fixed income products a plus
- Experience with ICFR (internal controls over financial reporting) and EUC (end user computing) control implementation highly preferred
- Previous audit experience a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the controls function within a high-value team for the organization. If you are an experienced accountant with a strong control-based mindset (especially if you live in Jersey and want a short commute to boot!), this is the ideal opportunity for you. Get in touch with James Dappert at