A top global investment bank is looking to bring on an experienced compliance auditor to help lead the AML and Compliance audit function within their NYC headquarters. This role will have you directly working with both the Chief Auditor and Deputy Chief Auditor as you help rework the controls and procedures within the AML & Compliance group.
The ideal candidate will come from an AML or Compliance audit background working with bulge-bracket banks. In this role, you will devise a burly Audit Plan for the business. You will then plan, execute, and report upon audits within particular areas of the business - including, but not limited to, their Capital Markets and Corporate and Investment Bank groups.
You will also:
- Lead in the development of internal audit staff
- Create effective relationships with senior line management and gain a strong understanding of the business
- Participate in and drive major change & business initiatives
- Act as lead reviewer for all types of reviews
- Negotiate with and report to senior management on new policies, practices, and how to best improve your team
- Direct complex and high-level audits for a part of a product line, function, entity, at all levels (regional, country, global) and deliver high-quality audit reports
- Bachelor's in related field e.g. finance, accounting
- Experience managing numerous direct reports and deliverance of high-quality reports to stakeholders
- Strong negotiation, communication, and written skills
- Effective interpersonal skills for interfacing with all aspects of audit, both internal and external, management.
- Robust knowledge of all compliance regulations, standards, and business internal policies
- 7+ years' experience in related areas, specifically banking regulations, local standards, internal and external policies & practices, and compliance programs
- Related certifications (CIA, CPA, CISA, or similar) are a plus
This is the opportunity to prove your worth and help lead a vital team for one of the world's most important banks in your own management style. A highly competitive compensation package will be commensurate with industry experience.