My client, a global investment bank, is looking to bring on a Tax Controversy Manager to join their Controversy team in NYC. The role will have you directly reporting to the Americas Head of Tax Controversy. You will work across business lines, utilizing a distinct knowledge of federal, state, local tax, along with standard IRS guidelines and IRS procedural doctrine in order to help move the Tax team forward.
- Advocate on my client's behalf before and during any and all examinations conducted by the IRS
- Prepare and review all corporate income and franchise tax returns per federal and state income tax laws
- Prepare for and participate in any and all IRS audits
- Interface directly with the IRS concerning any tax issues flagged
- Prepare and review tax rate calculations, deferred tax and taxable income computations, and review test tax basis computations all based on balance sheet approach for tax/book differences
- Respond to and actively participate in any and all IDRs.
- Work directly with business lines in preparing the analysis for transactions
- Work and liaise closely with the Tax Advisory group in order to comprehend and understand US tax law requirements for specific transactions
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
- LL.M. or JD preferred
- 2-6 years' experience within financial services or public accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to work across business-lines around the world
- Attention to detail and problem-solving attitude