A growing international financial firm in Charlotte is looking for a Junior Unix Systems Engineer to assist supporting servers, databases, and operating systems. This is an excellent opportunity to learn as they are looking for someone with 1-3 years of experience in systems engineering or administration who wants to grow their skills in a challenging environment.
- Assessing the performance of systems and databases
- Collaborate with vendors on hardware issues
- Ongoing maintenance and management of servers
- Problem solving and providing support during incidents to reduce impact
- Bachelors or equivalent in an IT related field
- Broad knowledge of network, database and and storage area disciplines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in Windows servers, Unix, Linux, Python, Bash, or Ansible is a big plus
If you're a junior IT professional looking for an opportunity to grow, then apply directly and I will be in touch shortly.