My client, a leading global investment bank, is looking to bring on a VP Internal Audit Data Analyst to support the entire bank's audit function. This role will see the successful candidate become the technical pillar for the whole audit division of the bank. You will work directly with the head of Audit PPM in how to best support & transform the audit team's technical systems, databases, and data management.
You will join a small and dedicated team and become the de facto leader as the Head of Audit PPM is looking for a professional manager who can lead the team in his absence. You will simultaneously coach, train, and lead the data analytics team while being the go-to person to help transform the technical side of the audit department.
You will also:
- Spearhead an analytics program in support of the team's continuous monitoring imitative
- Liaise with business & IT Auditors, along with the business and IT outside of audit, on how to best implement change and to automate the audit process
- Deliver and report on different data analysis requests from different audit teams during every aspect of their audit plans
- Leverage technical know-hows to provide constant ideas on how to improve the department and then deliver solid solutions
- Master the existing and new software and its functions - this role will operate as a quasi internal help desk to help trouble shoot and upgrade audit software
- Bachelor's or greater in computer science, data science, statistics, math, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years' hands-on programming with tangible data analysis experience
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- VBA in Excel, Access, and other techniques in Microsoft Office a plus
- A learner eager to master anything and everything that comes that way
- A thorough understanding of systems and the IT environment within banking/financial services
This is the opportunity to prove your worth and help lead a vital team in your own management style. For more information, reach out to James Dappert at 646-766-1242 or respond to this posting.